View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #59
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookreaders View Post
The new (beta) BeBook firmware update, which adds Adobe drm-ed ePub and pdf support to the first generation BeBook ereader, doesn't support drm-ed Mobipocket ebooks anymore, hence making your legally bought Mobipocket ebooks a heap of worthless bits&bytes
It's mostly just speculation at this point, but iRex customers will likely be in the same boat soon. They are also adding Adobe ePub/PDF support to the DR1000, and will likely have to remove Mobipocket DRM support. No official word from the company, but that's the only scenario I can see happening.

It sounds like a lot of devices are dumping the Mobi format. I'm sure their insistence on the exclusivity term in their license is causing a lot of this. Makes you wonder if Amazon will drop that term in order to try and save the format, or if they'll just let it die. I'm not sure how much Amazon really cares about Mobipocket other than what they do with it on the kindle.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote