View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
Moving library folder outside calibre - than change within.

I had a question about moving my library folder. My books currently add up to >70 gb and since I have finally gotten a extra hard drive I decided to move my library to the new drive. I tried to do it once within calibre - just point it to the new folder and let calibre copy. However, after running for 1.5 days it slowed down to a trickle at 83%. Unfortunately, the stupid Windows decided in the middle of the night that I needed an update so it installed an update and automatically restarted my computer losing all the work from calibre.

So I decided to copy the library folder by myself - which took only 2 hours - and than in calibre change it so that it points to the new folder. From the forms I found that --migrate might work, but here is what happened when I tried pointing it to the copied folder.
Code:
C:\Users\xxxxxx>calibre-debug.exe --migrate "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\D
esktop\Books\metadata.db" "D:\Books\"
Upgrading database from version: 7
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "debug.py", line 178, in <module>
  File "debug.py", line 165, in main
  File "debug.py", line 83, in migrate
  File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 808, in __init__
  File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 735, in upgrade_version7
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such trigger: fkc_delete_books_series_link
Is there an easy way of doing this or do I have to copy it within calibre?

Thanks,
Matt
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote