View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #285
diazlaz
diazlaz began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba E755
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
OK, thanks for the pointer!

I removed those two lines and recompiled it. Just place the contents of dist.zip (two files) into the 'bin' folder in the PDFRead install directory overwriting the existing ones.

If it works, then just retain those new files. If it doesn't just re-install.

As for re-compiling the program to create a revised pdfread.exe, just place the below batch file (remove the .txt suffix) in the 'bin' directory along with a copy of the python scripts from the 'src' directory. Then double click the .bat file and after reviewing the errors messages, press any key to continue and the new pdfread.exe and library.zip will be copied there! I think you will need some dependent libs, but at the moment I can't recall. Ask for some assistance here, if you can't figure it out.

Good luck!

p.s. you can run the python scripts natively without compiling them (but there's no GUI); just follow the syntax displayed in the dos windows when you run the windows GUI and append those parameters to 'pdfread.py ', I think. It's been so long since I've had to do this...
Nick - thanks! awesome! - your build worked perfectly. thanks again. This build no longer removes blank pages and keeps the page count consistent with the PDF file.
diazlaz is offline   Reply With Quote