View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by techscott
Not good. It looks like I'll have to pull the cord and hope for the best. I guess reinstalling Connect is in order. I wonder if the other 4 USB devices connected to the laptop (via a hub) is causing the confusion?
I've investigated the matter of unplugging USB devices, and also posted about it in an other forum. The consensus seems to be that in most cases no harm is done by just unplugging the things without bothering to go through the Safely Remove Hardware ritual.

I've been doing it for some time now with everything except a powered external HDD, and have suffered no unwanted results. Maybe I've just been lucky, but it saves a lot of time.

Done this with my camera, the old Rocket eBook, the Reader, a flash drive and even an inkjet printer (don't unplug the latter, just turn it off). I often get a little "ping" sound, but everything continues to work fine when I plug 'em in again.

YMMV!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote