View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
Can you please explain how you do that? Including how to encode your own
font into the PDF? The one thing I hate most about the Mobi reader is the
font. It's absolutely horrible. A nice 8" PDF with the font of my choice would
be great.
I use BookDesigner. You basically import the document and do any cleanup you want. Then it's got a nice menu option for "make iLiad" that will automatically setup the right page size/etc. It also gives you options about picking the font you want to use and the font size. Once you tell it you're done it "prints" the document as a PDF file.

I'm sure there are lots of other applications that will let you "print to PDF", that's just the one I use. As someone else mentioned, MS Office will do it too, but you'd need to tell it the page size to use (don't know it off the top of my head).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote