Thread: Seriousness Learning a new language
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I will admit to being not so good at learning new languages. I studied French for two years in Jr. High, but with that knowledge I can count to 10, and tell someone to "Kiss My *ss" (actually I learned that last part from my maternal Grandma who was French Canadian)

But I can "speak" in American Sign Language. Not very well, but I can communicate with Deaf People. I learned that through community college and being engaged to a lovely deaf woman for two years.

Yeah, it didn''t work out. Let's not talk about that, unless you want to bring me to tears.

But ASL is a language to its own. Which is another topic altogether. I imagine many Hearing people do not even know that Deaf people have their own language barrier.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote