View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
RJA
RJA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
duplicates in database

I am new to eBooks and Calibre so I probably did something "silly."

I had downloaded several .lit books and added them to Calibre. I converted them to .lrf for my 505 and then deleted the .lit files (just to save some space). Then I noticed that some of the titles were all caps, some author names were first then last and some were last, first. I also noticed that the covers were Microsoft product pages. I used the meta data edit and fixed some things. I used ISBN search and got the proper cover pages. I stored this all in Calibre. I also set some tags and some series information. Then I did a save to disk with each book being in it's own directory under the author right back into the Calibre folder. I assumed an update-in-place would occur. When I look in the Calibre directory I now find multiple folders for some authors (different name orders and capitalization) and two copies of each book with different (###) extension. How can I clean up this mess and ensure I don't drop the tags, series, and new covers? Also, how can I clean out all the Microsoft product cover pages?

TIA guys.
RJA is offline   Reply With Quote