Thread: Lensman slang
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hokkaido View Post
QX, on the beam, crazier than a Rigellian cateagle, that guy has enough jets to launch a freighter from a Velarian pole, thionite dream, 7th sector call out,

Doc E. E Smith had some damn weird slang in lensman. I just finished up reading his series last week and, although i didn't love it, I did appreciate his attempts to have a standout lingo.

Any other favourite linguisitic examples from your MR'ers?

D.

Actually that's a 7 sector call out...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote