View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #30
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
If you check the really long Astak thread you will find in yesterdays postings that RobertB, the Astak sales exec., has offered a $239 price (maybe with shipping included? you'll have to check) on the 6" EZreader to all mobileread.com users, direct from Astak. He provides a contact name and number to call for this offer. This is the result of a long give-and-take regarding Frys running out of product so quickly. I think that the EZreader sounds like an interesting product, and I enjoy RobertBs participation on the forum.

pilotbob - Also, I don't ever believe cereal boxes when they print "New and Improved." I received a response immediately from Ectaco support saying that they had forwarded my note to sales/mktg dept. I'll be interested to see if they retract. I can't believe that I am the only person to mention the problem to them (or we can be kind and say misunderstanding....). For the record, the list of sites they refer users to are all legit public domain.

Disagreeing is good, and I appreciate the reasonable tone of your post. I prefer to think it's more an imperfect interpretation - or at least I can say that I (speaking strictly for myself) never even began to think of the statement as a carte blanche for ebooks. I suppose that living/working in an ESL environment has sensitized me to these types of situations. I have a (albeit) small collection of ebooks, I enjoy reading classics (public domain will keep me happy) and it is becoming increasing difficult to purchase ebooks from the EU anyways. So, although your book-purchasing rqrmt is perfectly appropriate for you - it has little relevance for me. So, it makes sense for someone in that (your) situation to purchase a Kindle perhaps, or a Sony - or some other reader which has a large associated bookstore and DRM-support. Good thing we have so many options available, with many more coming.

"Truth in Advertising?" - let's not even go there. (I worked in sales/marketing for many years)
hey rgeorg!

i actually sent a request yesterday for the book Metamorphasis by Franz Kafka and they sent me a friendly e-mail with this link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/5200

I knew i could find it on my own but i just wanted to see how fast they would find it for me and it took less than a day

all in all, im sure they won't pirate books or anything but it would be interesting to see if they change around the text about finding books a little so i will keep track of that alongside you
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote