View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Thanks for the advice guys. Let's not get into a discussion about what Ectaco does or doesn't post on their website because to be perfectly honest, that has absolutely no influence on my buying. I don't like some of the "claims" they've made but as long as their product is quality and does what I want it to do then I'm not going to worry about it.

What's this about LCD's "swimming" in sunlight?

What do you mean that the Jetbook can't do "complex EPUB's"?

Many other 5" e-readers are coming out in the next 3-6 months? Can you post some links for those? Will they be significantly improved compared to the Jetbook or as cheap as the Jetbook currently is now?

People have stated that you get used to the screen flash. That may or may not be true. All I know is that from what I've seen on YouTube is that I don't like it right now! The Sony 700's delay seems to be minimal but the 505's is pretty significant.

I'm not terribly worried about battery power. Jetbooks website states that the battery lasts for 20 hours. They actually say that it lasts for about 2000 page turns more than the e-ink books! I think they're being less than honest here. I'm sure you can get more page turns than an e-ink book but that's only if you keep hitting the page turn button and don't actually spend any time reading the text! But as I said, I'm not too worried about the battery. As long as it can get me through a day's worth of reading that is fine. I have no problem plugging it in when I go to bed.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote