View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I've been making this prediction since before I knew about PixelQi, but the last week or so I'm coming around to the view that ereaders, netbooks, tablets and phones will continue to share the market for devices, with more individuals reading on netbooks but more books-per-user sold to ereader owners.

Reading people's experiences on MR, it's pretty clear that there are no fixed cons to either device, just different needs and priorities for different lifestyles. I prefer the robust feature set of a netbook ideal, and 98.06% of the time my daily routine means battery life is not an issue. I didn't get it principally for ebooks, but it does meet that need. I'm guessing most people who pick up a netbook with ereading in mind would not have been in the market for a dedicated reader in the same price range anyway.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote