View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 04:05 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
I own an iLiad, so I can really only speak to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muratlale4
1.) Can I take notes on both systems? (Sony+Illiad)

1.1) If yes, only handwritten? Or can I use other input devices?

2.)Can I manypulate Word or Excell files?

3.)Can I browse the internet?

3.1) If yes, can I also use online Word or Excell services, or check mail?
1. Yes, to a certain extent. It does not create text files, but rather "vector" files that record your pen strokes. You can use optional PC software to convert those files to text files.

2. No.

3. Yes, and no. It's possible, with a hack, but eInk updates so slow, you probably won't like it - depending on what sites you go to.

3.1 It depends. The browser is full featured, but may not be able to do everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muratlale4
My problem , as you can see,is that I am sick of using my huge labtop and that I also dont think that those new UltraSmall Samsung quasi thingies are worth a dime.
Right now, these devices are pretty much focused on being eBook readers that maybe, sort-of, could do some laptop functionality.

If you are looking at replacing your laptop, I don't believe the current crop of eInk devices will serve your needs.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote