View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Mach1.9pants
Mach1.9pants doesn't litterMach1.9pants doesn't litter

Device: DR1000S
Well an update:
Power:The battery is down to the last of four bars after over 13 hours of reading, so I guess it will go blank soon!
Bugs:It is impossible to transfer a large bunch of files to the device using the USB cable. You have to take out the SD card, put it in a SD reader and transfer it that way, which is a bit annoying. Although, to be honest, it would be how I would do it anyway due to the speed of a PC vs the eSlick.
Support:The above was confirmed by Foxit as a known problem, the customer service has been really good with replies within 24 hours on every email I have sent.. so kudos to them. Probably the quickest replies I have come across in my time working in the IT industry.

I guess it is a epaper thing but the greatest bit for me is the fact I can read some of my full page PDFs on this. I have an emag which is landscape and has a largish font and a bit of blank around the outside. By cropping the blank areas (which are not totally blank but have page number and stuff in it) I can read the whole page at once. That is so cool, when I full page it on the laptop (1280x800) I can barely read it..and the screen is 1/4 the size. epaper FTW! Obviously I would prefer a KindleDX for this...you lucky Yanks!

Last edited by Mach1.9pants; 05-10-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Mach1.9pants is offline   Reply With Quote