View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
jimteacher
jimteacher began at the beginning.

Device: palm
Having played with it for a day with other books, I found out why one might have problems with making the "Tile Large Pages" work.

The double page has to be cropped so that both pages are almost exactly in the middle so that it splits right at the page division.

I messed around with page sizes to try to push a page over about 1/2 inch and it didn't work until I went back and cropped the double page spread again to make the division almost exactly in the middle.

Also, it's important to scan the book in very consistently, so that the division is in the same place throughout the book, which isn't that hard to do, as you have about an inch to play with if the book lies flat.

One might have to play with the page size a little too, under properties, to get it nice and tight.

This may sound like a lot of trouble, but once you've done it a couple of times, it just takes a few minutes to set it up on even a 300-page book.

I've taken hours to scan in a book without the big copier and dragging from one Acrobat file to another. This took about 30 minutes total for a whole book.
jimteacher is offline   Reply With Quote