View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Yes that is true, some ebooks don't come with covers, or come with a generic cover provided by the site, like at Fictionwise or BoB.

Its disappointing but I frequently expect better electronic copies from the smaller publishers, especially ones that specialize in online sales.

This book was by Dorchester Publishing, not only did it have that silly stripped book warning, they did not bother to remove the hyphenated words that show up when the word runs past the edge of the page. I am sure there is a specific word for that, but I can't think of it currently.

Amy
Actually, this may not be the case. I just spent a weekend at an SF convention, and talked with several small publishers. According to one, they spent a lot of time trying to get the various formats to look as good as possible, but Fictionwise just said they had to submit it to the standard process, and therefore Fictionwise is the actual source of the formatting. Complete with author's complaints to the publisher, with no results because Fictionwise didn't change anything in their workflow. Sad, if true.

The cover, or lack, would come from the publisher, though.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote