View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 05:48 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The transition to shoes went very quickly! I wore them for a few hours on the Friday with no issues and have worn them ever since.

Of course having shoes has meant I can now get ice-cleats (grippers) to go under them for snow / ice. I decided to find some I could also wear insides (my job involves lots of indoor / outdoor walking) so didn't want any with sharp metal spikes which would be deadly on dry surfaces.

I found some through a web site Winter Walking https://www.winterwalking.com/ and have bought a pair of the GRIPS-LITE model which uses aluminum oxide grit for grip. They're GREAT! I used them for two days now in the aftermath of a major snow storm (over 50cm of snow on Monday) and have felt quite safe on sidewalks / driveways / inside buildings whether they are snow or ice covered, carpeted or just plain floors.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote