View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #883
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
All my questions below are rhetorical. This thread is reserved to mobiperl tools. KindleUnpack has its own thread and Calibre has its own forum and numerous subforums.

I welcome comments regarding the details of my implementation or any errors I may have made.

Part of my motivation for this is preserving the package and its history even though KF experts consider it obsolete and no longer good for anything (even though they found it valuable as a learning tool in its time). For me, I think it is better for my learning than anything else I know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is it that these programs do (other than Mobiheader) that Calibre with KindleUnpack cannot do?
What does Calibre with KindleUnpack do that KindleUnpack can't do by itself?

I am interested in learning the details of amazon book structure, except KFX. I use and like KindleUnpack a lot, but I've looked at some of its source with a goal of controlling its verbosity and that was hopeless. That, combined with its large number of output products by default and options only exist to make more of them, make it too overwhelming for my purpose at hand. In addition, it is written in a language that I am unlikely to progress beyond baby talk.

In contrast, mobils is relatively compact and already does a good bit of what I am looking for and written in a language I am much more comfortable with.
Quote:
What is it you want to do that would not be better served by writing plugins for Calibre?
I have less than 0 interest in learning how to write a Calibre plugin, much less actually doing so.

Why do you think a Calibre plugin would be remotely appropiate for what I am trying to do?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote