View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopi74 View Post
I did what you suggested and got the same result.

So I went to Calibre Library folder, took file cover.jpg ed converted externally to a proper dimension for Kindle Oasis, then when I converted the epub to azw3 format I used the new cover.jpg... now it's ok.

So it's Calibre not being able to do a simple cover (image) conversion (as I did in 2 seconds with Win 10 Photo Viewer)... that's a bit embarrassing!!
As far as I know, when calibre is not set to the tablet mode in the conversion page setup, the maximum image size is limited to the screen size shown when you hover over the output profile. Calibre will not increase the image size if it is smaller than that maximum. For the tablet profile since there is no maximum size, images will not be resized. That is left up to the user when you update your ebook metadata, change the cover, etc.

I find that preferable to ending up with a thumbnail sized cover image blown up to poster size giving a horribly pixelated result.

What is embarrassing is an ereader that unable to properly handle a cover image when it is not fitted to the screen size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the_colour_of_magic_S.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	180407   Click image for larger version

Name:	the_colour_of_magic_L.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	667.4 KB
ID:	180408  

Last edited by DNSB; 07-05-2020 at 04:40 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote