View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #82
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
uhhhh, ok, and thanks. Is there any sort of cookie sort of activity?
if the cookie activity you mean involves giving us a cookie for answering, i think there should be more of it.

if you mean a tracking cookie like some internet sites use, i believe it's a little more complex than that. usually, if i've understood correctly, drm is used to encrypt the file so that it cannot be opened without a specific key. the key can be contained in the device used to read the file, in the computer used to download the file, or in a program on that computer (for example, a MS Lit file with DRM can only be downloaded using MS Internet Explorer from a computer with an "activated" copy of the MS Lit reader application), and these keys are matched to keys encoded by the drm server. if the user's key is not present or doesn't match, the file cannot be opened.

it's rather complex and i don't know all the technical details but this is my understanding of the process.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote