View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
greshnik
greshnik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently)
Kbo Glo HD frozen

Hi,
A bit of rant first...
I must have a bad touch with Kobo devices (or any E-Readers, to be honest). Recently I managed to kill two Kobo Glo HDs. I put one in the frdige for an hour or so (accidentally!), and than it froze on the sleep screen (I guess, freezing suits fridge). I was able to get a replacement from Kobo Inc, but now I managed to kill this one too.
I dropped it on the concrete, however, the book itself seems physically OK. I did open it, and again, everything seems at it's place, nothing is loose. Screen also doesn't show any cracks or anything. However, it just doesn't turn on and shows sleep screen.

What I tried: Holding ON button for long time, followed by paperclip insertion into this magic hole. Nothing. Connecting it to my PC - something does happen, as a new USB device is recognized. However, it is not correct device - it recognizes it as a human interface device. Opened it up, disconnected battery and reconnected it again. After turning it again on, the right light below the power button starts shining, (not blinking, shining steady) an that's about it. Tried MicroSD card - copied image to my PC, than wrote image back on SD card - no issues were reported, but Kobo still doesn't show any signs of life. Anything I could do before I humiliate myself again and beg Kobo support for another replacement?

Thanks!
greshnik is offline   Reply With Quote