View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I don't generally read much horror, or watch it. The Sherlock Holmes BBC TV series is as much as I can take, so I don't think I compare it with a certain genre, but with writing in general. I get stuck in his (over)use of adjectives(?) like hideous and terrible. Telling me what to feel doesn't really convey the feeling effectively and I think that actually hinders imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Its the difference between the "in your face" violence and gore available today, and the expectations to use your imagination that yesterdays writers had.

Sometimes, the unknown can be more fearful than the known.

But you have to actually think, and immerse yourself into the experience.
This sounds a bit like a 'you kids have it too easy' I don't like 'in your face' gore and violence, so I don't think this apply to me though. I completely agree with the sentiment that the unknown is more fearful than the known.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote