View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm back. I haven't read all the posts yet. If I don't answer your question I'll get to it tomorrow.

I was told that other devices meant "mobile phones". I heard this from an Amazon exec.

I have a video of the TTS voice on my digital camera. I need to downconvert the video so I can upload it. I can't do that until tomorrow. The TTS can be both male and female, and it has 3 speeds. It is significantly better than the MSReader voice. TTS will not be on the Kindle 1.

Roger Sperberg(spell?) of TeleRead was here. He got invited the same way I did: persistence.

It may have been said before, but "Whispersync" does indeed sync data over Whispernet. This is a feature that should be on the Kindle 1.

The 2 little notches on the left side are where the Kindle's cover attaches. This is for the Amazon branded cover; the Cole Haan ones use elastic at the corners.

I really don't know about the joystick. I found that I needed to concentrate on it in order to use it right. But I do like that the buttons have been changed. All the buttons now click on the inside edge, not the outside. This should help reduce accidental button presses.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote