View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #22
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay
- Had a lot of trouble getting the font update.
I had issues getting the updates in general. But I think it was an issue with
1. My wireless at home - if I held the unit up (rather than laying it on my desk), it seemed to work better.
2. Server issues at iRex.

The updates seemed to work fine in the afternoon, after I figured out that I needed to orient the device correctly when it tried to get a network connection.

Quote:
- I haven't noticed any new font usage. Anyone else?
Nope. No noticable font changes that I could see.

Quote:
- Confirm, sound can't be turned off. There should be an option to turn navigation sounds on and off. I still might want to listen to MP3s without having "plock" on every key press.
Personally, I like the noise. It isn't too loud on my unit and I like the feedback of knowing that the unit knows that I pressed a button.

Quote:
- The battery indicator seems permanently disabled. (I remember in 2.4 it was only enabled in certain contexts...)
It's working fine on my unit. But I really don't notice any improvement in battery life. We'll see by this afternoon since I intend to leave it on most of today.

Quote:
- The PDFs opening at the last page read helps a lot. Can zooming be the next big priority please!
Yes, that would make a bunch of my PDFs usable. Right now, the text is too small.

But I don't think they can do too much about it, though.

I have certain PDFs that are basically no more than a collection of pictures that are scans of books. They can't make the font bigger without making the unit scroll right/left.

The problem with PDFs is that they are print oriented, not eBook oriented. So many PDF creators make their PDFs to be printed on 8.5x11" paper - which means that the text is often too small on a half-page device like the iLiad.

Quote:
- Menus are now much more readable with the longer file names.
The menus look nice, but there are too few entries per page.
Yes, I like the longer file names. That was really nice, but I can handle the entries per page right now. I like the added information for each file that you can add by using a manifest.xml file.

Quote:
I agree about the progress bar - silly to put this in the place of the page numbers.
This seems like a temporary feature right now. It's something that it needed, so that we can see that it's doing something.

I think they will put more polish on that feature soon.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote