View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #28143
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Isn't it in also in "/mnt/sdcard/" ?

Most older Android devices came with an SD-card by default because of limited storage (in the time a phone only had 256 MB for apps), and the mount point normally was "/mnt/sdcard". To maintain compatibility with older applications, newer Android versions should still provide this mount point (even if there isn't an SD-card, in which it points to internal storage), but it could be that Samsung dropped it.
I doubt it. SDcard on Android is an internal card carved out of device flash that appears and gets mounted as a drive. External cards are also mounted as drives, but paths may differ,

Quote:
So it is actually the official builds of stock Android that is are dropping "/mnt/sdcard" ? Sounds like they are now completely phasing out SD-cards then.
I don't believe so, and see no reason they would need to.

My suspicion is that Rumpelteazer has videos she wants to watch with VLC on an external card. That's no surprise, as the internal SD card carved out of flash won't be all that large. (On my current tablet, it's 2GB. On the older model from the same vendor it replaced, it was 1GB. Video would use either up in a heartbeat.)

Here, the external card mounts as /mnt/extsd, and videos are in /mnt/extsd/Videos. VLC could play them fine once I had the location plugged into its configuration.
______'
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote