View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #28142
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I wanted to try out VLC mediaplayer on my tablet. I have various media on the external SD card and in VLC you have to enter the path to external cards manually. After Googling I found the path and that most cards are called a variation of SD Card or External Storage. I couldn't get it right, so I downloaded an app to find out the path and found out my Galaxy Tab calls the external SD card "0123-4567". That just isn't logical.
Isn't it in also in "/mnt/sdcard/" ?

Most older Android devices came with an SD-card by default because of limited storage (in the time a phone only had 256 MB for apps), and the mount point normally was "/mnt/sdcard". To maintain compatibility with older applications, newer Android versions should still provide this mount point (even if there isn't an SD-card, in which it points to internal storage), but it could be that Samsung dropped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
The info you found on naming was true for earlier versions of Android. Since the last android update my extSD is called 0000-0000
So it is actually the official builds of stock Android that is are dropping "/mnt/sdcard" ? Sounds like they are now completely phasing out SD-cards then.

Last edited by Katsunami; 07-21-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote