View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I've yet to work with a tool that worked well when the user was allowed to modify the source as well as work in a WYSIWYG environment. Either the user is forced to work with both modes or has to choose one view. In other words most of these editors tend to favor one style of edition or implement both poorly.

When I created the BookCreator tool I wanted to be able to use a really good editor and not have to worry about HTML, format shift issues. I just wanted to edit the book how I wanted it to look. Kovid, calibre does a fantastic job format shifting HTML to LRF/ePUB/LIT/ and more to come.

Right now the direct of this thread is geared towards format shifters not editors or writers. But the demand for a good editing en ePublishing tool is there I’ve had serveal athuors. conatct me thanking me for the BookCreator tool and how it facilitates their eBook creation process withouth having to get down and dirty in the code.

If the developers on this group would really like to build an end all ePublishing tool I'd like to see us create a Plugin around Open Office, an excellent Word Processing tool.

Going this route we would build a house on a solid Word Procesing foundation and can easily extend the UI to include other ePublishing features. Such as a GUI TOC builder, format(HTML/LIT/ePUB…) imports, etc..

Just my 2cents
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote