View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 01:31 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I was thinking it might be worth it to join an out of area online library?
Quote:
So does anyone have any suggestions? My biggest issue seems to be that I read mostly indie/self published stuff and frankly unless its on the best seller list my local library is not likely to have it, let alone have a ebook copy of it!
The Brooklyn Library comes to mind as one that offers out of area access and has a pretty large selection (92,000+ titles).
http://digitalbooks.brooklynpublicli...en/Default.htm

The problem will come in with the indie/self-pub requirement. There are limited avenues for such authors and publishers to get their stuff into OverDrive's catalog (or at least this was the case last I checked) and even when they do it has to catch the libraries attention as a title they wish to add.

I agree with the others that a KU trial might be right up your alley.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote