View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
For the record, I've just been to hell and back and others experiencing similar issues might want to take note (similar being frequent (very) when viewing PDF files). I toyed with this for hours cursing Calibre and doing hard resets until I eventully found a pattern. Files that had been edited with the above tool. It seems through a large number of samples that any PDF files I have will view perfectly on the device before editing with this tool and then after will crash randomly after a few pages. It's a shame really as this looked like a great tool. Any troubleshooting tips? At the moment I'm going with the 'buy Acrobat Pro' option...
I use this tool for almost all my PDF's. Even more so now with after running a PDF through soPDF (since this tool strips off Bookmarks). I've yet to come across 1 single instance where this tool has caused a problem.

Many people including myself have commented on how the 505 seems to have become more unstable after the Firmware patch.

It sounds like you've found some pattern, are you completely sure it's this tool that is causing the problem. This tool only modifying the Meta data of the PDF. I don't see how this could cause instability in the PRS-505.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote