View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks folk for helping me make my point.

It is not always a single event, but a chain.

In the mid west, the persons per square mile is lower. Yes, it is still a disaster, but the impact to others is smaller. When one hits a major population center, the impact on the economy and infrastructure is massive.
In NYC there are more people living in one of those high rises, than on my whole street (lots are 50-60 foot wide). A structure fire has way different repercussions.

The current Fire in Lake County is over 65K acres with 30 homes lost. There are 30 homes on my Block.
Scale has an effect. Recovery time has an effect (Just talk to the Sandy folk who are still waiting for their home). Stack on a second strike and OMG No Money Honey
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote