View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #44
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's certainly nothing unique or unusual in people doing or buying something because a celebrity endorses it. It's not necessarily a bad thing, either... unless the celebrity simply endorses whatever piece of c**p they are paid to push, and the consumer blindly accepts their opinion as genuine and trustworthy (when it is, in fact, just bought).

Saying that, I can't say where Oprah fits into that category, other than that she certainly doesn't have to shill products just because someone pushes a check at her... she's doing all right. But does she support products out of actual appreciation, or just corporate shilling? I couldn't say. Possibly some of both.

Either way... if she wants to give away gifts, what the heck, take 'em. If she endorses a product, I can only hope people do a little bit of checking first. If they don't show the presence of mind to do at least that, especially in this day and age... good luck to 'em.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote