View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I've been following the Wall Street Journal best-seller lists for the past three months, to analyze the odd KDP book that makes it onto the list. (The NYT is too grand to include self-published books in its lists.) Six novels and one non-fiction memoir have made it onto the list in all that time. The novels have all been professionally formatted and designed (often by the same team), and all incidentally are what I believe is called romantica, about chicks finding hot guys.

The non-fiction book however was more interesting, a memoir by Donna Mobry of her grandmother, both called Maude. Whereas the chick-lit novels were all on the list for only the one week, Maude was there for, I think, five weeks in a row.

Anyhow, the point being: Ms Mobry did not indent the first paragraph in a chapter. It was otherwise neatly formatted. I suspect she uploaded a Word doc, and the defaults took over. (The Look Inside was ragged right, as happens occasionally even with Big Five e-books. The downloaded book was justified.)
OR, because it was published by Createspace (formatted?), possibly she bought a conversion from them? If you have it, why don't you rip it open and let us know what you find, nj?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote