View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 05:47 AM   #21
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
So...I don't think that there's any reason to try to use that any longer. Maybe, if you're using Word (don't know if that's been fixed or not), but certainly not in HTML, XHTML, ePUB, etc.
Apparently it's not been fixed, because someone on the KDP community board was complaining the other day that the KDP conversion resolutely indented his first paragraphs even though he hadn't indented them. So I suggested the 0.01 workaround. He hasn't been back, so I trust it still works.

As you know, there's a huge slice of the self-pub world that insists on using Word for formatting e-books. Indeed, there's a significant slice that heralds it as the ideal way. I like to help the former, if I can, even if it's only to suggest a kludge like 0.01"
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote