View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #86
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Royalties claim over Nazi’s writings raises fears for scholarship

Quote:
Many historians have hitherto assumed that no such claims would be made. It had never occurred to Saul Friedländer, emeritus professor of history at the University of California, Los Angeles – and one of the leading authorities on the Holocaust – to “ask for an authorisation from the Goebbels estate to quote from his diaries”.

Dan Stone, professor of modern history at Royal Holloway, said that he had “ordinarily simply assume[d] that published works and papers of Nazis are citable without any copyright issues. I regularly cite works by Nazi race theorists, some better known than others, in my work, and I do so on the assumption that there are no copyright issues.”

All this may now be set to change.
One factoid I've found: Random House did go through something like this before, in the United States, and lost. But then the US Congress strengthened fair use protections:

Salinger v. Random House

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 04-29-2015 at 08:28 PM.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote