View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #81
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm continually baffled by the modern assertion that doing something bad is bad, but giving the money to charity makes it acceptable.
I think the part I'd find reprehensible is the notion that any money paid for the rights might in any way benefit those that may possibly be considered connected to hate groups. I find nothing innately reprehensible about the publishing of history or commentary concerning events, as long as in all cases we understand that the victors write history, though I do find transparently trying to reneg on an agreement based on having recently grown a sense of morals a bit spotty...

Personally, one might hope that the funds would go toward making the world a better place considering the connection the author of the original memoirs had with making it a far worse place. Call it my crazy notion of karmic balance.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote