View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #79
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
In my country, the United States, we have a "fair use" doctrine protecting biographers from having to worry about copyrights on the quotations they use. And yet, our archives are filled with diaries of famous people.

Authors and publishers in Germany don't normally pay for quotations. But because the law there isn't as clearly in favor of serious nonfiction, there's more opening for the child of a cabinet member, Nazi or otherwise, to seek compensation.

I'm not rah-rah US, in general. But on this one issue, we have it right, as explained here:

[Link with affiliate tag deleted - MODERATOR]
Why did you quote my question, and then proceed to make a long winded statement entirely unrelated to my question?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-27-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote