View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #1013
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Jon -- While it remains theoretically possible to download books directly from B&N's website, it is a hassle that Amazon doesn't trouble you with -- that is what people are trying to point out to you.
Using NookStudy, I am able to download from B&N, move the eBook(s) to Calibre and have the DRM removed. The new version of the DRM removal plugin handles B&N a lot better then before. So it's a lot easier than it was.

Now it's just as easy to clean B&N eBooks as it is to clean Amazon eBooks. Both use an app to download and both use the same plugin to remove the DRM.

But, it is possible that B&N will pull some new stunt that will change this. But for now until they do, I don't mind buying from B&N as I do have some credit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote