Thread: Buy local
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm from Alabama, and we don't have no stinkin' bookstores around here!

Seriously however, in my home community, the only way to buy books is at the grocery store or Walmart. Otherwise, it is 11 miles to work and the college bookstore across the street, 20 miles to a mall with chain bookstores, or down the road a bit to the thrift store for used books (my favorite B&M).

Amazon has been my first choice bookstore since its inception. I can surf there, buy a bunch of books for next to nothing, and they are brought to my house. I'm sure my mailman has wondered why there have not been many smiling Amazon boxes in the past year.

So going "e" has not impacted my community of non-readers one tiny bit.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote