View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
All sweeping generalizations are wrong.

Very few of the PDFs I am interested in reading are better than poor on a Kindle DXG, but some are OK even on a 600x800 screen. Those should be even better on a Voyage screen.

My one experience with PDF on an Aura HD was much less miserable than I thought it would be. Why am I not entitled to be curious about the details of the PDF experience on a Voyage?

I have much greater success treating microsoft like it doesn't exist than I would with PDF.
The KDX has a 9.7" screen. I did say 6" screen. Yes, I can make such generalizations because nobody has said that any Reader of 6" in size was good for PDF. A standard PDF made at 8.5"x11" with the wide margin look awful on an 800x600 6" screen and not much better on an HD screen (PW2). Yes, it may look better on a Voyage, but overall, I'd say most wouldn't be good enough.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote