View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Should I buy one?

Hi,

I bought a BeBook last week and I like it a lot, but for PDFs it's pretty darn useless, which is a shame, because I'm loving its form factor for books. I've realised I really would like the ability to use it to write on and make notes too. So I'll probably be selling this in the near future.

I was tempted by the iLiad, but despite the enthusiasm of the developers within the userbase, I fear it's a dead-end product. I also don't think it will be able to reproduce my A4 PDFs sufficiently well.

So alas that leaves me with the most expensive option. The Digital Reader.

Should I fear the poor software that it comes with, that seems to have resulted in a number of hardware related issues? Or should I be hopeful that being a relatively new product, its in house developers have a vested interest in actually improving its software to the point that it is indeed a useable and useful device?

There is a very nice looking device coming out from Plastic Logic, but that's not out yet, nor does it appear to have the ability to take notes.

Should I buy a Digital Reader 1000s at it's absurdly inflated price and take a risk or enjoy my BeBook and stick to reading my PDFs on my laptop?

omro is offline   Reply With Quote