View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #54
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
The beta doesn't work for me, but I don't think it's Qt5 related.

The error message I get when connecting to Marvin is the same as I got when I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin a couple of weeks ago. The "solution" then was to copy back the old plugin-files from a backup. That's of course not possible with the beta.

It looks like I have to wait until Philantrop gets some free time. There is a few differences in behaviour after dismissing the error, but I'm not sure how helpful they are since something is obviously wrong at my end. Let me know if you want to know anyway.
Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.1.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 47: invalid start byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 501, in _books
File "C:\Users\Jane\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_l9akaf\o 1vjtb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 438, in books
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1396, in _log_metrics
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 47: invalid start byte
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote