Thread: Saga of Recluce
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #69
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
But I'm frustrated with how dumb Lerris is.
Perhaps I'm suffering from early-onset curmudgeonry, but I thought Lerris' teenaged obtuseness added realism

I finished up The Magic Engineer (book 3) last week. Towers of Sunset got much better toward the end. The Magic Engineer repeated the formula of the first book in many respects, following a gifted young exile who lived as a craftsman on the continent until the irrepressible evidence of his innate Order brought him to the center of world events. There's some point to the similarities, though, and the particulars are quite different--his chosen craft takes the story in a quite different direction. Also, the protagonist isn't quite as dumb as Lerris (or, arguably, Creslin in book 2)
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote