View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeteyguy View Post
I think I might have found a way to get Digital Editions to work on Vista x64. I installed the Reader software using the extraction method to Program Files (x86)\Sony. Then, using the very helpful linked solution in post 4 as a guide, I added the registry key that the zip files contains, only I added them using Regedit by myself.

But, instead of putting the registry key in at HKLM\Software\Sony Corporation, I put it in at HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation. As soon as I started Adobe Digital Editions, it detected my reader, and I could transfer to it.

I think this is the right spot because of the way Windows x64 provides access to the registry for 32 bit programs.

To put it simply, at HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\PRS, I put the following string value:
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Sony\\Reader\\Data\\bin\\

Hope this helps someone!
Hmm.. I am surprised that works. If so it makes me think that they "driver" is not really a driver... but just a user mode program. Because a 32-bit driver will NOT work in 64-bit windows.

Also, if this is just a user mode program it shouldn't be to hard for Sony to port it to Mac. Of course, I am sure that is not on their radar. It would be nice if they open sourced that "driver" like they have the reader software.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote