View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #44
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl42 View Post
Hah, I absolutely couldn't be more opposite. The Mars Trilogy books are among my favorite examples of great Nearly-Hard Science Fiction. (unfortunately there are hardly any examples of Actual Hard-Sience-Fiction to site). I love the Mars books but find a few of the more nonsensical bits (like the quantum brain decoherence problem which was pure phebotinum that served only to shape the plot) disappointing as they mar an otherwise excellent work.
Two that are hard sci fi that I've always enjoyed are
1. Dragon's Egg
and it's sequel
2. Starquake
both by Robert L. Forward. The characters are the Cheela (I hope I remembered the spelling right) and they are a race of beings that live on the surface of a neutron star.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote