View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
jeremysnana
jeremysnana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Generation, Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That was NOT the instructions I gave.
Create/switch: Use existing. is a Library Icon menu item choice to switch Calibre to use a different library folder. At no time should you drag n drop, rename, delete (the best policy is NO-touch) the contents of any folder inside the library

This is sad news.
You have no books (formats), and NO metadata backup (the OPF file).

BTW this does not sound like a simple HD crash, the results are not randomised as would be expected from 'bad sectors'.

What is further odd, is only covers are left behind.
Deleting all FORMATS (using that option in Calibre) will still leave: cover.jpg and metadata.opf and those will be inside a THE-TITLE (nn) folder
I'm sorry, I should have said that I tried the Create/Switch thing prior to posting on the Calibre Facebook page and here.

What happened to my laptop is, I turned it on and got a Black Screen with mouse arrow. I tried System Repair, Restore to last functioning boot, and finally a full recovery. Then tried to restore my library from the back up on the EHD. Less than three days later, it crashed again.

I do own 3 Kindles, so I have been able to rebuild some of my library by bringing the books from my Kindles into the library.
jeremysnana is offline   Reply With Quote