View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #544
chumdoggin
chumdoggin began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I'm not sure either.

That said - if the progress bar moves and the screen contents change when you power-cycle - your device is in fact quite alive.

I would play a bit with Kubrick (did you try out other computers to run it?), k3flasher (to see what error it actually is reporting, I think you can run it from a shell with Kubrick, too), ATK.

If that progress bar doesn't move and you continue to see only this one screen - your screen is broken. Or you broke your connection for the screen - you were mentioning something about the ribbon cable in the second post, so you might have gotten it wrong there. Also, you were a bit short on information on what exact state your device is in, how you managed to break it, and what you did to it afterwards. There are bits about "storage messed" (how?), "ribbon cable" (screen connection?), and open questions about the LED colour. How does the device identify when plugged via USB?
The current state is that it does not respond to anything except that when using a flasher the power switch volume down command tells flasher its ready. Thats about the only response.

The ribbon cable I touched was indeed for the keyboard I now see, though it was the last time Id seen the green light and the half boot like the picture. I read someones post that said nothing had worked for him until he used a computer with xp and usb 1 and atk. The screen was fine for the boot and I did not get harsh on anything after that so I think that is ok.
chumdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote