View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Edit: It is surprising how quickly you can fill up an ereader. I had the Kindle Keyboard as soon as it came out, and have been adding ebooks since then. I never filled up the Kindle Keyboard, and may end up regretting selling that one. Probably the best Kindle ereader ever for the price.
I have lots of Bibles, study Bibles in particular, and a few pdf files, and several hundred ebooks. Last night my Paperwhite said it was out of memory. Honestly never expected it would run out of memory as most ebooks are rather small in size. Maybe I just got a crappy paperwhite, but it is slow and unresponsive, sometimes having to tap the screen 3 times to get it to work. I reset it last night, still works poorly, worse than even cheap tablets IMO. Probably the physical buttons on my Nook make it seem more responsive.
I like the longer lasting battery on the e-ink devices or I probably would just use a tablet, plus easier on the eyes.
Almost all readers I have used are a bit iffy when the memory is close to full. Best bet IMO is to use calibre to sort your books by size and remove several of the largest.

Better to have a functional reader than every book perhaps.

Only readers I have used that function as well totally full are the Sony x50. My Sony PRS3 slows down marginally with more than 7 gig on the SD card while the 650 worked just fine. Luckily I don't need 7 Gig of books (I was just filling it up with misc. stuff to see if it choked) but I do like to have anything I might want to read available. Why torture myself getting up in the middle of the night to put on that book I want to read but I would rather do that than have sluggish page turns etc.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote