Thread: Saga of Recluce
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #64
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I finally got to Magic of Recluce last month, and it was great. Some of you following the series may have forgotten, but what a solid standalone fantasy book. I'm planning on grabbing a hard copy for my 13-year-old nephew.

I tried to sail straight into book two, but stalled and jumped to another series. I'm giving it another go now and making better headway, but it's reassuring to hear people say it was the low point of the series. Where the first book was perfect as an audiobook--easy to follow but engaging throughout--I found I had to put in some time reading text for Towers of Sunset before I got a good grasp on the characters and situation.

I suspect I'll keep returning to the series, but I'm not expecting to tear through them one after the other.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote