View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The Debian distribution is a bit light-weight when it comes to touch screen oriented applications.

The yocto project (which is for touch screen devices (phones) ) is another source of applications.

I think twobob has used/re-used/abused/mangled/ported/etc stuff from the yocto project.

- - - -

We (twobob and I) have done some rather extreme things to/for Kindles - mostly not for the code or application - but to encourage people to open their minds to the possibilities.

The Kindle Touch is probably still the only e-book reader with an end-user configurable, speaker independent, voice recognition system (all twobob's doing, I just cheered him on).

And the Kindles are probable the only e-book readers that can run IBM-360 mainframe operating systems and programs (including the program development toolchain).

So if you have a 360-Cobol application that you simple MUST run on your Kindle -
we got what you need posted here (and/or in public repositories linked to from here).

Last edited by knc1; 05-19-2014 at 11:46 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote