View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:34 AM   #19554
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And now for a Baen book purchased from Kobo with a coupon: Hard Magic by Larry Correira. I really liked his Monster Hunter series, with its mix of magic and the everyday. This also looks like a good read.
And it was a good read. Very enjoyable. If you liked his Monster Hunter stuff, you'll like this, provided you don't hate alternate history. And I've just noticed that that was my 70th book for the year.

And also that I've read all the books I've bought this month so far. Time for an older purchase. In fact, my oldest unread:

The Toymaker (& other stories) by Raymond F Jones, a fictionwise buy from June 2004, first published 1951.

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-13-2014 at 03:44 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote