View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #41
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I have Time Warner Cable TV and so-called high speed internet, which is now owned by Comcast. Even with my TWC 20 Mbits internet I have trouble streaming HD video. The reason is that TWC has such a crappy infrastructure and outdated equipment. Just normal web surfing can slow down to a snail's pace. My AppleTV sits unused most of the time because Netflix and HuluPlus would be a waste of money with my crappy internet connection. The only time I use my AppleTV is to push my iPad or iPhone or Mac content onto my HDTV. I cannot imagine Comcast being an improvement.
Jack,

I returned Comcast rent modem and bought a ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 . I called "Comcuack" and activated it. I pay for 50mpbs service but average 70mbps download. This is because the ARRIS maximizes the speed. It also uses Docsis 3.0 , which if enabled at your area, it will allow even faster speeds.

You will need a Router/firewall though, as the ARRIS is only a modem.

Last edited by jocampo; 04-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote